Church Member Covenant
As a member, I commit to the body of Christ, the church (1 Corinthians 12:27; Romans 12:4-5). As a member
at Calvary Baptist Church, I will fulfill the following expectations:
1. I will worship the one true God with other Calvary Baptist church members for as long as I am
physically able (Hebrews 10:24-25; Romans 12:1). The goal of my regular weekly worship is to give God glory
(Romans 11:36; Hebrews 13:15).
2. I will grow spiritually through regular involvement in groups and classes at Calvary Baptist Church in
addition to regular personal devotional times. I understand the purpose of these groups and classes is building
community with other believers and holding each other accountable (Acts 2:44-47; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
3. I will serve Christ through the mission work of Calvary Baptist Church. I am created to serve others
through good works (Ephesians 2:10; 1 Peter 4:10). I am commanded by God to make disciples of every
nation, tribe, people and language through the local church (Matthew 28:16-20; Revelation 7:9). I will support
the church’s mission to go to the ends of the earth to share the gospel (Acts 1:8).
4. I will give to God abundantly and joyfully, recognizing God as the owner of all things (Proverbs 3:9;
Psalm 24:1). Giving my tithe and time to God brings me closer to Him (Malachi 3:10; Matthew 6:19-24).
5. I will seek unity with other church members. I recognize God’s design for the church is unity in
diversity, and I will put the interests of others above my personal preferences (Ephesians 4:1-6; 1 Peter 3:8-9).
I will guard the reputation of the church and submit to discipline for any sin problems in my life (Matthew
6. I will pray for and follow the leadership of Calvary Baptist Church (Hebrews 13:17-18). I will pray
privately and with the church corporately. I will pray for people to accept Christ, and I will pray for more
disciples to grow.
7. I will sacrifice by serving first, following the servant model of Jesus Christ (Mark 10:45). I will make my
attitude that of Christ and through humility make the gospel my priority (Philippians 2:5-11).